Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ukulele Playing into 2012!

Stu and the Gang leading the monthly Uke Jam on Jan. 7, 2012!!!
Just when I thought I'd been through enough changes in my life and things have really settled down, just when I feel that I've found my "home" at the Linden Arms Apartments in Sunnyvale, a trip to Sacramento to visit my son and his little family reminds me that nothing in life ever remains the same -- that change is inevitable. On Saturday, January 7th, 2012, I found my happy place with Stu Herreid and the fabulous Uke University gang near Sacramento -- whom I'd grown fond of. I had found them a year earlier because I found myself visiting Sacramento and the area often and my grandson arrived in July 2011 -- he was born in Sacramento. My whole family had spent Christmas there as well.


They also use the Santa Cruz Ukulele songbooks, the ones I was very familiar with and everyone was so warm and inviting.

In August 2011, we had an impromptu Beatles ukulele jam at Fair Oaks Park where the Uke University gang had a picnic the month before. 
So it seemed fitting to begin the year with the Sacramento Uke folks...they were about to embark on big changes too because a couple of months after this, Stu opened "The Strum Shop" in Roseville! I moved out of the Linden Arms Apts. in Sunnyvale and to the house on the hill in Union City with my son, my grandson Baby Jeremiah and Mama Jen -- and life was to change for all of us in major ways.

But on this day all we could think about was jamming and having fun -- strumming our ukuleles and singing our hearts out! I remember having lunch with Stu and his family -- his wife and daughter Dani and Gary -- and then there was a workshop with "The Dominator" that afternoon...and awesome day.

It was my first ukulele jam of 2012!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment