Thursday, April 19, 2012

Santa Cruz Ukulele Club Open Mic!

Not too long after returning from the Reno Ukulele Festival, still basking in the newness of the ukuleles, Steve and I went to the Santa Cruz Ukulele Club open mic night at Bocci's Cellar! He had never been to the Santa Cruz Uke Club meeting before, but he had been to the beach to play ukuleles on Saturday mornings...which is always a really cool, special experience.

We signed up for open mic and happened to be one of the last people to perform, but it's always great fun to watch and hear everyone! Always lots of entertainment with cool people.

It was my suggestion to do "Devil in the Deep Blue Sea" an old song that George Harrison had also done...because we had played it at the Reno Uke Festival...and to this DAY, whenever I hear this song, I always think of Steve!

Here I am with my friends Jeanie and Suzette -- good times at the Santa Cruz Uke Club meeting!
it was fun to play and sing this with Steve -- who is an INCREDIBLE musician!


I am reminded of who I am here as we play the ukuleles we obtained at the Reno Ukulele Festival just a couple of weeks prior to this -- I am a chick with a ukulele after all...and that's okay with me! I dig it... I'm playing music and having a great time...in such a way I never in a million years thought possible!

Check it out -- Santa Cruz Ukulele Club Open Mic Night -- Mary and Steve, Devil in the Deep Blue Sea

these are experiences I will not forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment