Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My car got stuck in the sand in Santa Cruz!

Car stuck in the sand? Might as well play the ukulele!
WHAT is a chick to do when her car is STUCK at the beach in Santa Cruz? Ahhh what a beautiful day at the beach it was, the waves crashing against the shore...I knew this morning when I drove in that the grayness and fog would lift...I could d just FEEL it...! I was just trying to park my car alongside the beach and dash over to the beach to play ukulele with all of my friends and then some, but somehow I misjudged and my car got stuck...at first, I thought, okay, I will just deal with it later -- AFTER the ukulele jam and the AFTER the big jam ukulele jam...

Surely I'll figure out a way to get out of its little predicament right? Wrong? So many wonderful people offered their help!! A bunch of guys attempted to lift my car while I turned the wheel...but to no avail. One guy even got his pickup truck and hooked up a dog leash to his truck...and pulled...but the dog leash broke. I thanked him profusely for trying...I truly appreciated his efforts...everyone's efforts. In the end, I had to call a tow truck, but where was my warranty info with the roadside assistance number, etc., on it which I always keep in the car? I'd taken the info out because just the day before I had work done on my car...so I had to get a hold of Jen at the house for the info...and it took forever because the cell phone reception wasn't good on the beach. As I called, a cop rolled by and asked if all was well..."No, I'm stuck!" I said. He got out of his car, holding the constant traffic up, and walked around my car. "Your car is stuck!" he said, and then he took off. FINALLY I was able to get a hold of roadside assistance -- tow truck driver called. As I waited for the tow truck driver, estimated 45 minutes to an hour, I stood in the sand on the beach and looked out on the ocean, the lovely lighthouse, sailboats gliding by and thought, okay there are worse places to be stuck. So I got my ukulele out and played...and one of the dudes on the beach who had tried to help me took a picture...! some people laughed as they drove by in their cars...I thought, well some day I hope YOUR car gets stuck in the sand! but, really, it could've been worse. Finally the tow truck driver arrived to save the day! and within 10 minutes, he hooked a chain up to the car and pulled me right out! Yay my car was free once again...what a day!!!!

Check out more pictures of the day here!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that must've been a terrible experience for you! Hmm... But I guess you had it in a funny way. Hahaha! You carried yourself with poise, at the very least. Anyway, in case it happened again, stay outside your car as much as possible, carry your important stuff with you, and then call for help. But if you can't leave, turn the engine off, lock the doors, and then ask for help.

    #Jae@AustinEagleTransmission.com

    ReplyDelete