Friday, October 26, 2012

Baby Jeremiah and Ukuleles!

Baby Jeremiah, my grandson, is OBSESSED with ukuleles! I have absolutely no idea why! I only have five ukuleles, which I play pretty much whenever I get the chance! He calls them "OOOOHHHLALAS!" every time I see him, he runs over to a ukulele -- either the tie-dye one that sits on a table (the fluke) or to one fo the ukuleles in a case and shouts, "OOOHHHLLALALALALLAS!" He wants me to play one. Immediately. He will be playing one in no time. I am absolutely convinced of it.

This past Friday night was my FIRST night hangin' with Baby Jeremiah...Megan joined us...! 

7pm: I get home from work. Baby Jeremiah sits in his high chair and Aunt Megan presides...baby Jeremiah finishes eating and it takes both Megan and me to figure out how to unfasten Baby Jeremiah and free him from his high chair. By 7:40pm, me and baby Jeremiah are jamming on ukuleles. I let him use my fluke uke and I play the Kala...I let him try out the Kala but only for a little while...we jam for a long time and Aunt Megan takes pictures...







8:30pm...we put the ukuleles away and head downstairs to play. Baby Jeremiah finds his ball and his Daddy's pitchfork for his costume and plays...the dogs keep their distance as he runs around with it...we play and chase each other around...then baby Jeremiah waves and says, "Byeee!" and heads up the stairs. I follow him of course...he runs over to the wall with the Beatles pictures and says "Beatles!" in his own cute way. We admire the pictures...we play with some of Baby Jeremiah's toys upstairs and he runs around in circles and heads back downstairs saying "Bye!" I follow him. 

Megan shouts, "Mom are you watching him?" Of course I am! Geezzzz! 

It's around 9:45pm and Baby J is still going strong...he heads back upstairs and this time I follow him into the kitchen where he opens a drawer which luckily only has "safe" stuff...plastic and a spatchula...Baby Jeremiah finds the plastic cookie cutters and puts them on his arms like bracelets...he's very proud of himself! Then he finds the case of canned tuna fish and restacks them in his own way. Then we head back into the living room...


it's well after 10pm and Mama Jen had told me he took a late nap so he might not be tired right away...not tired? this kid is an energizer bunny! I get out my binder with songs for the ukulele singalong jam I'm going to first thing in the morning...baby Jeremiah helps me "organize" my papers (mostly by throwing them on the floor and I let him do it...because he's "helping" me! 

Megan suggests that we make a bottle for Baby Jeremiah and I agree...night nights? I say. Baby J shakes his head "Noooo!" Megan heats up the bottle and I lay down with him in his room downstairs. Megan turns on the special lights that make the whole room look like stars are shining...the nice, quiet sounds of the ocean pretty much put me to sleep...but I wake up with a start when Baby J gets up, opens the door and runs out into the downstairs living room...he runs around in circles for what seems like forever...I figure he'll pass out soon. I sit him next to me on the couch...

baby J hangs with me for about 45 minutes and then gets up and runs around again...I attempt to put Baby Jeremiah into his crib, but he screams his head off...oh no, we can't have that. I take him out...FINALLY after midnight, me, Megan and baby Jeremiah and the dogs all crash in the downstairs bed...whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment