Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy November Novel Writing Month!

Happy November Novel Writing Month!  Every year I hear about it and I get caught up in the excitement! Yes, I can write a novel in a month -- sure, no problem. I write stuff all the time -- not all of it good, but yes I do write. So the month is upon us again and I realize I've fallen horribly behind on my blog about my musical adventures -- I suppose that could be considered sort of a novel, yet not a novel. Maybe it's a memoir about a chick with a ukulele who dreams of becoming a successful writer and FINALLY get that book published that she's written so many words for and talked about.

Sure, I can write a novel in a month. Why not? So what if I have a crazy, full-time job and I must move before the end of November and I still don't even have a new place to move to yet. And then there's the thing of running around with a ukulele -- which warms my heart and soul on so many levels that it's difficult to explain. It's like my friend Sue said -- sleep is overrated!

So, in honor of Nano, I'm simply going to relate the stories of the ukulele and music adventures as it intertwines with daily life and has also become a big part of my daily life -- not just mine but many other people as well. I'm not sure if I'll get to 50,000 words and I'm not going to stress over it.

But I know one thing for certain. Every day I'm going to write something in my blog. I'm not sure how much or what it will be. Some of the entries will be "back dated," but they will be new, fresh words, new stories...new adventures. We were talking about this in my screenplay writing class tonight -- about how would one ever find the time to actually write a novel in a month when we were are also working on our screenplays. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. On top of everything else I'm doing, I'm writing a screenplay. How's it going? Pretty good. I'm making progress, but it seems to be going agonizing slow... NANO represents frenzy, things happening as quickly as possible. I mean, don't you have to be "quick" or frenzied when you're writing an entire novel n a month?

So, happy November Novel Writing Month! It's a little after midnight...Halloween has ended and a new day has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment