Thursday, November 7, 2013

New Life Adventures - what lies ahead???

Today as I sit here at work, surrounded by a pile of papers as I work on some super important documents from London, I find myself thinking of all those around me who are struggling, heck we're still waiting to hear that the housing association will "accept" me and daughter Megan so we can live in the lovely manufactured home we looked at! it's like, who knew that it would be that much trouble for the privilege of living in a "trailer park." Okay, my friend Margaret advised me NEVER to call the place a trailer park -- it's a "community!" anyway, who knew we'd have to give our life history and then some just so we can live in this community even though the chick who owns the home has already accepted us? Then I realize that several members of my immediate circle are also going through mega life changes... new adventures lie ahead for ALL of us... landlords are selling houses like crazy and people must move... The Greens in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, is being worked on and I'm afraid they'll knock down my favorite tree...so many changes. Nothing ever seems to stay the same, everything and everyone keeps moving. My childhood friend Barry Hirrell says they'll probably find some of his old plastic Army men buried in that park... and I'm sure they'll find lots of other items such as cars and glass bottles with notes in them that we buried... remnants that remind people we were there...everywhere we go, we leave a mark.

then I think of Jim...who is fighting for his life right now at that hospital on Geary St. in San Francisco where my mother had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor back in the '70s. and how wonderful and compassionate he is...taking in all of our stories when he read them as if they were his and really FEELING them...I never forget sharing stories with the gang and with Jim at Adair's house...and the LOVE of this awesome family, everyone coming together to be there for Jim. and Jim's input was always so real and heartfelt...he loves everyone. and I think of my Dad who says he's beating Parkinson's Disease! and I realize how much I love him and I remember all of our adventures...how my Dad insisted I read Adair Lara's columns -- the stories about her life and family in San Francisco. Reconnecting with old friends from the past yet clinging to the present...

yet amid the stress, there is still lots of fun to be had and ukuleles need to be played. last night I sat in on Mike Sult's guitar class to reconnect with old friends...and then attended the Big W jam -- and we sang and played and I lent my friend John one of my ukuleles because he took his apart. Word to the wise, never take apart your only ukulele! I now cannot imagine my life without one close by!!! Seriously! But he'll get it back together again. And Saturday there's Ukes on the Loose...life is pretty good.


and through it all, I'm waiting to hear from a trailer park! hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment