Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Weird Little Girl From Long Ago

It was a weird quirk of fate that Liezl posted a message to me on Facebook letting me know that this picture was showing up for her on all her status updates. Like a ghost, this weird little girl from long ago -- who was in a movie called Welcome to My Dollhouse would randomly appear!

To prove it, Liezl posted a snapshot showing that yes, indeed the little girl from long ago appeared as ME in my status updates. What made it even weirder was that Andy, my kids' friend from back in the Oregon days, actually uses this photo as his status post photo. Why I wasn't sure.

So in a desperate plea for help, I post the the following and the response I received was nothing short of amazing.

Good morning this is a test!! Help me out folks. My daughter says that whenever I post statuses a picture of a weird little girl from a long time ago in something called welcome to my dollhouse appears instead of my picture! But it's not happening for me!! Do you guys see the weird little girl in my status pic or me? Liezl says the weird little girl still shows up for her. Aaaaahh! Make it stop!! Nor that I was not a weird little girl at one time but still!!! Please let me know what pix you are. Thank you and have a nice day.

And here are some responses -- Sometimes facebook can be rather funny and quirky. But without Facebook, I wouldn't have known when my kids are engaged or what is going on in their lives. Anyway, ONLY Liezl sees that picture in all my status updates, and guess what? she still sees that picture? I don't see it. Nobody else does! GO FIGURE!

Mallery (my kids' long-time friend who lives in Tacoma) posted: 
Sometimes that happens. It's not your account. It's a glitch on hers. I don't see it.
...complete with a photo that PROVES that yes, it's true -- all is well with the world re my status update picture.


I LOVE FACEBOOK!!!! :) now I have to see this movie. The character in the screenplay I'm working on is a younger version of this girl -- and she is me in a way. that awkward, weird little girl from long ago. I have to admit it... oh yes, I can relate all too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment