Thursday, April 10, 2014

Happy Birthday To My Sister Jennifer!

Me and my Sister Jennifer in the 1970s (San Francisco when we lived on 24th Avenue between Clement and California Streets) We used to hang out a lot...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER!!!!
In honor of your birthday, here are just a few memories...
Michael and Jennifer and Nikki the Dog...back in the '70's... 

Me, Jennifer and Nikki...Christmastime.  Nikki the Dog followed me home one day -- he was a stray wandering around Golden Gate Park. We found out he was a smart poodle and our Mom said no way can we have a dog! well, guess what?! Nikki got me out of the house A LOT when I was a teenager! "Where are you gong at this hour young lady?" Walking the dog! "Why were you gone so long?" The dog needed a long walk on the beach. We lived walking distance to Baker's Beach. We were so lucky to grow up in San Francisco!

Brother Michael and sister Jennifer hangin' out in front of our flat on 24th Ave.
Jennifer and me ON TOP OF THE WORLD! We're actually at the very top of Mt. Tamalpias here. our friend Paul took this photo of us I think. My sister Jennifer was FAMOUS for leading hikes that turned out to be 15 to 20 miles long up and down hills...no MOUNTAINS! Me and Paul were both victims on this day which was probably her birthday. We climbed from the very top of Mt. Tam all the way down to Muir Woods. SERIOUSLY! I remember climbing down cliffs and hanging on to tree branches for dear life to keep from slipping down steep hills. The only problem was, once we got to the bottom, we had to climb back up! guess where the car was? I think it was Paul's car. don't think I had my Chevy Vega yet! 
Yosemite! it was so beautiful. our first time. we went with a group of friends...including Mary Doherty and her kids. we got to stay in hospital dorm rooms. I still remember that full moon night hike where you can see that lake and hte mountains reflected against the lake, no doubt another Jennifer adventure!
Yay here we are at what my sister calls "The Happiest Place on Earth!" Disneyland! We went with my Dad and had a BLAST! stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and rode the montorail in...Spring Fling weekend so the park stayed open pretty much all night. I danced with a bunch of teenagers to great live music. I swear the Doobie Brothers were there that year...we could hear the live music all over Disneyland at night while we rode the rides and walked around.

c'mon Michael and Jennifer, smile! we're at the happiest place on earth!

With Dad at the happiest place on earth! Yaaayyy!!! fabulous memories!
Happy, happy birthday Jennifer! I love you always...
your best sister (and ONLY sister)
Mary Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment