Saturday, April 12, 2014

Writing, Uke Jam and Dinner at Halu Restaurant, finally!

What an amazing day in San Francisco yesterday! Started off at my writers workshop where we shared our words and stories. Then I met Alice, Becky and Steve at mountain Lake park and we jammed on ukes for awhile.
Yaaayy! I'm finally at Halu Restaurant when it's open!!!!
and Becky's here too! we both found cool movies!
Then finally we made it to Halu a very small Japanese restaurant filled with mostly Beatles posters and memorabilia other 60s posters and they play nothing but Beatles and 60s music!! 
I'm in Beatles heaven!!!!


Nobody cares that you gotta have the nice servers call you to get a seat for four. We just headed over to Green Apple Books, an awesome place to hang out and find all kinds of cool things. I found the movie "Head" - you know, that Monkees psychedelic movie with the GREAT music -- a fun movie nonetheless.  I'd been wanting to get to Halu Restaurant for literally months when this chick from Uke Rebellion told me about the place. It had always been closed.
Steve and Alice...

even the lamp shade was cool!!!

And it really doesn't matter that the food takes a while to get to you cuz it's the coolest tiny place ever. The music and ambiance are amazing. I was in 60's music Beatles HEAVEN!!!
even the bathroom was filled with cool posters!!!
We drank hot saki, hot tea and water and just ate various foods that were good. I can tell you about the skewers and the rice and edamame. But the other yummy food with seaweed on it was good too. I couldn't tell you what the name of it was. 
Steve shows off his old-school reel to reel on his iPad, hehehe!
Becky and me...good times!


But just being there. It was fabulous! Would I go back? OF COURSE! I can hardly wait! It was like a trip back to the 1960s in San Francisco, and you know I'm always down for that.  

Afterwards we walked over to the local coffee shop on 3rd and clement, where each table has different artwork on it.  We played ukes and sang til they closed, and the people who work there were really happy that we serenaded them.

No comments:

Post a Comment