Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The Rain Always Comes


As long as I’m Prepared, the Rain is Okay.

One thing you can always count on here in Oregon this time of year. It will always rain at some point. Doesn’t matter what the weather app says. Just know that’s gonna happen. Now I make sure I’m prepared. the waterproof Adidas are keeping my feet dry too. They get wet on the outside. I had no idea that the boots I wore in the woods before were super soft-soled and I needed special insoles if I was gonna wear them. Boy have I learned a lot.

As I trudged up the neighborhood trail in the rain listening to Amazon creek and breathing in the fresh air, I noticed a blue sky over to the woods. So I did the only logical thing. I trekked over to the woods and as soon as I entered, the rain stopped and the sun shined through the trees. All the ferns glistened with droplets of rain.

Rain or no rain, it was a beautiful day. I met some nice doggies and people. I love to pet the doggies when it’s okay to pet them. I reached the beautiful tribute bench for Jude Kehoe and said hello. I don’t know her, but I feel as if a part of her resides on that bench sending out so much love. I did read about her and she helped many people heal. She left behind a family and young grandchildren. Damn cancer. The vibes by that old Hawthorne tree used to be weird. But now it feels wonderful to be near the bench and the tree. The bench was too damp for me to sit on though.

My favorite Douglas Fir tree always makes me happy.

I stopped at my favorite tree and leaned against her looking up the hill. A nice guy stopped to see if I was OK and that I could walk. Yes, I’m fine. I assured him. there was a time last year I almost didn’t make it out of the woods. But those days are gone. I decided today I would just walk to the second bridge and not go as far because I already walked a little earlier. As I sauntered up the trail, I turned around and looked back at my favorite tree and all the trees surrounding it. I noticed that near the tops of the trees, they're all in a big circle leaning into the center. for some reason, I had not noticed that before, so when I leaned against my tree, I was surrounded by a giant circle of trees. That’s pretty cool. It was another great adventure on the trail. I look forward to these because I feel happy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment