Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ukuleles Players and Writers

I'm on the 71 bus in San Francisco! Headed for writing reunion bash at Adair’s! Sooo cool that the San Fran BART runs straight through from union city! Looking forward to seeing my writer friends! It's been awhile. Also how ironic that tomorrow I'll be traveling to the same area if the city for ukulele rebellion! Carpooled to Santa Cruz this morn with Margaret...sang 32 songs on the beach with about 75 people ten of which were Beatles songs! Good times!






Me and Adair and a fellow author named Mark I believe.
Last night I was reminded over and over again who I really am...speaking with my fellow writers who remember my stories...when it comes down to it I am a writer who relays the stories. Looking back. Looking forward. as the chick on TV just said re the jr high band in New Orleans that made the nationals. It's all about the journey. I perused the book shelf at Adair’s house of published books by writers who took Adair’s party and was ecstatic to hear my friend Jackie's book comes out next week...

YAAAYYY JACKIE!!! 
...one I'm intimately familiar with as we were critique partners...it's the story of suddenly losing her grown daughter Susan...so sad and made me cry many times as I read it.
Me and my good friend John...whose memoir about his daughter Casey losing her life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge never ceases to amaze me...he and Erika are the strongest and most courageous people I know. And I still have that bumper sticker on my car that says "I LOVE CASEY." :) to support their cause as they've devoted their lives to helping other teens with depression...
And Adair I promise you the effing book will be published! 

Today it's all about Mardi gras Super Bowl and another journey to San Francisco with my uke. Another journey begins as I head right into the heart of much craziness via bus and subway! No not New Orleans but most likely the closest I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment