Sunday, August 11, 2013

Epic Adventure 2013 - Day 6 - Good-Byes and Marathon Trip North...

Baby Jeremiah always looks out for me and helps me out...making sure I get my ukuleles into the car while checking out his car! Preparing for the journey north...
It wasn't easy to say good-bye to Baby Jeremiah and his Daddy to head back north on my epic adventure the next day.

The morning started off well...Baby J helped me get my stuff back into the car, especially my ukuleles which he is always concerned about. Then he and his Dad and me went out to breakfast at the local saloon aka restaurant! 
the only other vehicles in the parking lot of this hopping restaurant on a Sunday morning!
ohhh it's a saloon, a restaurant and a motel!
Not much is going on in the town of Loyalton on Sunday morning1 I remember going out to breakfast in the bay area or even in Sacramento and having to wait in line for a table on Sunday mornings! Not here!

The restaurant was a homey, old-school looking place and the food was GREAT!!! inexpensive too! Of course baby J held out for the pancakes, his favorite! It was hard to get him to eat anything else.

We walked across the street to the local store where there were a few people -- all seemed friendly. And then we headed back to the house where I had to say good-bye. Baby J kept saying, "No bye byes Grandma Mary! Stay here!" Man I felt bad. I almost wanted to call my friend Colleen in Corvallis who was expecting me and let her know that I wouldn't make it that evening...




Baby J loved my hat!! hehe!
but I was on a journey and I had to continue...
Don't worry baby Jeremiah, soon you'll be able to go on adventures with me!!! I love you always.
parting was such sweet sorrow and I had such a long drive.

I laughed because there was Hallelujah Junction yet again!!! I took the "eastern" route north this time since we were so close to Reno (the Nevada border) up highways I'd never been to before, one highway leading into another it seemed -- even saw the other side of Mt. Shasta and finally hit I-5 past Shasta.

it was a long drive and I pretty much drove 530 miles straight through with just a couple of breaks hitting Corvallis, Oregon around 7:30pm in the evening where Colleen's jam party on her and Tom's new deck was going full force. I caught the very last part of it having left Loyalton a little later than I'd expected not sure how long it would take. but I'd made it! I've known Colleen and her family since the 1980s and I'm glad we've reconnected! Her daughter Jean was there and she used to play with my kids when they were all young...man the years really have gone by.

Colleen on her new deck...NOW those are some fabulous shoes! I dig them!
I was able to jam a little and play a couple of Beatles songs -- and Colleen played the piano which she is sooo good at! :) Jean sang with me...and it was super fun!

then we all just relaxed for a little bit and I got to sleep in their family room on a very comfortable futon-type bed. Jean showed me the upstairs bedroom the kids used to play in all the time...with the small door that led to that fun little secret hideaway place, now a storage area...! Ah the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment