Wednesday, August 7, 2013

EPIC ADVENTURE 2013 - DAY 1


Okay, it's been a super crazy busy Monday, but guess what? I'm outta here...for two whole weeks! EPIC adventure here we come!


Suddenly I'm even more excited about my epic adventure! Possible diversion back to San Francisco after Ashland Shakespeare festival to see Paul McCartney in golden gate park! Then back north again after swinging by sing the Beatles just in time for my good friend colleens jam! Then this will be the epic Beatles writing Uke adventure. I'd drive 1000 miles to see Paul in a heartbeat. Am i crazy or what?


Out of the blue. Breathe. Yes it's real. It's really happening. Tomorrow morning I head for Ashland with two chicks. Staying three nights watching three plays then early Friday morning I jump in my car and drive to San Francisco where I work a food booth at outside lands in golden gate park by the stage where...okay breathe...Paul McCartney will be from 720 til 10pm. Sold out show. I will be there. In golden gate park. With Paul McCartney. Is it worth an extra 1000 miles of driving? Oh yea! Only for Paul McCartney. Yes thus will be a wacky epic adventure! Heading back north Saturday! Hey I'm on vacation!



getting ready to watch Midsummer Night's Dream!!
EPIC ADVENTURE DAY ONE.

I suppose it's not too surprising that I was a little late pulling into that parking lot at NDNU that beautiful campus in Belmont where I got my MA in English/Writing in 2010. I picked up Sister Roseanne, managed to squeeze her stuff into my what I realized was a not so big car that was already filled with all my stuff and the baby carseat I refuse to remove because I'll need it for Baby Jeremiah some day. We had to pick another lady, Joan, up at her house. She said she only lived about four blocks away from the campus. But the street she lived on up in the hills was blocked and for a little while I was lost in the Belmont Hills -- windy roads that seem to take you nowhere, trying to figure out what to do. The smart phone GPS was also trying to figure out what to do. She was just as confused as I was!


but finally Sister and I figured it out... and we got close. Getting Joan and all her things into my car as well was like a major feat. they're lucky that I only brought one ukulele. I had planned to bring more -- and maybe even a guitar too! I also forgot my gym bag with ALL my toiletries and allergy medication, yay me. So we packed ourselves in and I drove to Oregon with Sister Roseanne in the front telling me about a short cut she knew of which actually was pretty good, and Joan in the back. It was a good trip but we were running late due to the mishap of getting lost up in the Belmont Hills.  Sister Roseanne has so many stories and I was thrilled to hear that she's written two books and it looks like one will be made into a movie! How utterly cool is that? she's around my Dad's age and going strong still traveling to Ashland going on pilgramages and writing books. One cool Sister chick!


We only stopped to get gas and eat at Wendy's right where 505 and I-5 meet, then at another rest stop and then it was free sailing...I made good time! First we pulled into the Windsor Inn where all of us are staying EXCEPT Joan who wanted a room at the Ashland Springs Hotel right downtown. I didn't have time to hit the music store today -- barely enough time to get Joan with all her stuff to the hotel. I tried to get my allergy meds but found out that it's $459 without insurance -- AAAAHHH!!! I pay $30 a month for 30 pills. what are these pills? golden or something? without my Singulair, life will not be good here with the humidity and the haziness and smoke from all the fires. 


then I accidentally drove my car over an island thingie and that was scary. but people came over and helped me. I finally made it to dinner at Alex's Restaurant, only I kept forgetting where the place was. I had to ask three different people and park kind of far away. I met Vince Fitzgerald, Sister Roseanne and the entire gang there. it's fun to be part of a group 


Midsummer Night's Dream was fabulous and amazing, and magical too. the chick who played Puck ROCKED! 'Twas a magical performance! more later. tired now, g'nite!


No comments:

Post a Comment