Saturday, July 27, 2019

My Birthday Weekend on the River

We spent another beautiful day at the river yesterday and this time I brought a chair, a music stand, a couple of song packets and iPad along with my ukulele and Savoy brought his flute. He did think it was odd that I insisted on my purple music stand even though I do know a bunch of songs. 



Perhaps I subconsciously hoped other ukulele players and musicians would show up out of the blue or something and we’d have an epic jam. I played songs such as Groovin and incense and Peppermints, all you need is love, and a few others. Savoy played the flute. Then we swam in the clear cool water on a hot day... I stayed in the water for a long time again. Howie and Robin found us and we hung with them and swam some more and ate snacks until the sun began to go down.. it was fun hanging out with them. I realized I was way too late for the cool ukulele jam and potluck in Eugene last night. But that’s okay. There will be more uke jams.. and it was a gorgeous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment