Friday, August 2, 2019

Trip to the Ocean


Yesterday we could’ve gone to the Whiteaker block party in Eugene or dance with other cool bands but I had this insane urge to get to the beach so that’s what we did. 

I still miss living by the ocean in Lincoln City...sometimes I feel as if I've turned my back on the ocean, but I know I did the right thing in moving to Eugene to live closer to my love...and to put myself into a position where I can plan early semi-retirement as well.



It was beautiful and yes it was super windy on the beach but sooo worth it!! The water wasn’t cold and I got my feet wet anyway and walked barefoot... I got to visit several beaches I'd never seen before each one with its own distinct personality, some sandy, some rocky, all gorgeous. Savoy showed me various places he’d lived in the woods and then on an island in the middle of the Stanislaw river long ago. While Savoy told me stories of living on the island he showed me and way out in the woods, I attempted to imagine what that must have been like. He said he never felt too isolated, but he was usually with a girlfriend -- I wondered if SHE might have felt isolated out there, but it was a completely different lifestyle.




Savoy also showed me these insect eating plants in the woods, which are relatively rare.

We also visited Savoy's brother and his wife and they jammed for a while! And we got to visit these amazing plants who eat insects! Good times! I’m definitely looking forward to exploring more. I needed this badly wind or no wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment