Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Christmas Weekend Adventure

Some of our SF Uke Rebellion People (me, Margaret, Nancy and Sue with another group merge to play ukes and sing for the Fire Fighters at the Stanyan Street Fire Station in San Francisco on a very blustery rainy Dec. 23rd, 2012! it was really fun!

Today I awoke to a blustery rain storm. I guess when the weather forecast says 100 percent chance of rain they're usually right! Not gonna stop me! Last night I had fun at the South Bay acoustic open mic in Campbell. Hung with friends I hadn't seen in a while sang Xmas songs but the most epic moment was when I joined Rick Duncan on ukulele and sang the who's squeeze box with him. Sometimes the most spontaneous thing can be the coolest ever... He rocked a guitar solo and well it was cool! 

my friend Mike H. was there and he caught me on video!


Today I meet my friend Margaret at the BART station and head for San Francisco for a day of uke playing and Xmas caroling after with ukes in tow! Yea it's stormy but I don't have to drive and as long as we keep our ukes dry we are golden! We went to our host and hostesses' flat on fifth avenue off Irving Street afterwards and partaked in merriment and snacks and when Sue drove me and Margaret back to the BART station, I pointed to the corner of Fifth and Irving and said I used to wait for the SF Examiner newspapers every day as a kid -- and I experienced my first kiss on that corner...! 

One of the biggest highlights of yesterday was when we sang Christmas songs for the firefighters working at the Firehouse on Stanyan St. in San Francisco between the rain storms! in my old neighborhood where I grew up in San Francisco! It was perfect.

Evidence that Santa ate some of the cookies left for him!

Santa ARRIVES!!! I believe!

Ask the cat -- Guinness...he saw the whole thing!

Christmas came and went and this year as Christmas Eve slipped into Christmas, no MAJOR crises happened. I did not have to bail anyone out of jail! Of course there were those frieghtening moments when I was hopelessly lost in the Berkeley Hills on Christmas Eve in an attempt to pick up daughter Megan...and the all GPS's failed me! but we still had a nice visit with my Dad and as we drove the 140 miles home, Christmas music played on the radio...Sacramento 93.1 -- then we listened to Fab Four Christmas and of course Jimi Hendrix...and as we sailed through Sacramento, I thought...last year at this time we were all here...for Chirstmas! 
Visiting Dad in Placerville on Christmas Eve! (me, Megan, Liezl, Stevie, Jennifer and Dad)

Visit with Dad christmas Eve!

This morning Jeremy got up before his son...because he said he was "excited" about Baby Jeremiah and Christmas...this kid is grown with a son of his own and some things NEVER change...! Baby Jeremiah was the hit of Christmas...he was delighted by all the toys and especially LOVED the task of tearing open the wrapping paper! Liezl cooked an AMAZING breakfast FEAST for us all!!!! then I got out of my ukulele and played and sang holiday songs cuz Stevie said "Happy Christmas' was his favorite and of course I had to agree. and Melissa loves Mele Kalikanaka and well, I played and sang a bunch of songs...Baby Jeremiah LOVED it the most! he wanted me to keep playing whenever I stopped...followed me around yelling "ullele!" I have a major fan! (and Beatles music is his fave of course)...yes, it was a good day and it's not over yet...the movie "Home Alone" is on (We watched A Christmas Story about four times today!)...Melissa, Stevie and Liezl have left...and Baby Jeremiah is almost ready for bed...

Oh and we had a Chinese food FEAST for dinner!!!! hehehe!Christmas came and went and this  year as Christmas Eve slipped into Christmas, no MAJOR crises happened. I did not have to bail anyone out of jail! Of course there were those frightening moments when I was hopelessly lost in the Berkeley Hills on Christmas Eve in an attempt to pick up daughter Megan...and the all GPS's failed me! but we still had a nice visit with my Dad and as we drove the 140 miles home, Christmas music played on the radio...Sacramento 93.1 -- then we listened to Fab Four Christmas and of course Jimi Hendrix...and as we sailed through Sacramento, I thought...last year at this time we were all here...for Christmas! this morning Jeremy got up before his son...because he said he was "excited" about Baby Jeremiah and Christmas...this kid is grown with a son of his own and some things NEVER change...! 





Baby Jeremiah was the hit of Christmas...he was delighted by all the toys and especially LOVED the task of tearing open the wrapping paper! Liezl cooked an AMAZING breakfast FEAST for us all!!!! then I got out of my ukulele and played and sang holiday songs cuz Stevie said "Happy Christmas' was his favorite and of course I had to agree. and Melissa loves Mele Kalikanaka and well, I played and sang a bunch of songs...Baby Jeremiah LOVED it the most! 


he wanted me to keep playing whenever I stopped...followed me around yelling "ullele!" I have a major fan! (and Beatles music is his fave of course)...yes, it was a good day and it's not over yet...the movie "Home Alone" is on (We watched A Christmas Story about four times today!)...Melissa, Stevie and Liezl have left...and Baby Jeremiah is almost ready for bed...oh and we had a Chinese food FEAST for dinner!!!! hehehe!




No comments:

Post a Comment