Saturday, January 12, 2013

Musical Adventures with June


It was s fabulous day of music adventures and fun! I took my good friend June to sing the Beatles at the Chit Chat cafe in Pacifica where we sang Beatles songs for hours literally! This month Jeanine and her amazing little band us all the songs from Beatles for sale and then requests! She plays guitar DBS sings and kit plats bass and guitar with the lovely 14 yr old Julie on who sings and plays Beatles songs so beautifully. All generations represented! June sang harmony she's a great singer with loads of spirit! Got to plat abbey rd medley with jeanine she knows the whole abbey rd medley in guitar and I know most in uke from mean mean mustard but realizing it is still a work in progress and appreciating and basking in the brilliance if the Beatles!

Then Kit got out his guitar and helped June and I pick out songs with good harmony stayed until they kicked us out cuz another band was gonna play! They wanted us to stay but I promised Diane is check out the zydeco dance in Palo alto she invited us to. Had no idea what to expect. My friend Steve had sent me a big history lesson via text on Zydeco. That's about it. But wow! When we saw people dancing in the street outside this giant warehouse wood shop turned into a party room we knew it would be incredibly fun! The music was fabulous I'd say very upbeat blues! The kind if music you just wanna dance to! People everywhere dancing good and drink everywhere like a big Mardi Gras bash! Here we are at the party! Diane took pic and sent it to me! With a dude I've seen around but dunno his name! Two chicks ran up to me and said you play ukulele! I didn't remember them but that was ok they were cool! Great time! Finally had to leave to head home and get ready to dance the night away to classic rock music at the huddle in Fremont with my friends! Agreed to meet up with June again to pick cool songs to sing together! Kit said we had spirit! I believe him! I also believed those old hippie guys wearing Beatles t shirts at the chit chat who said thanks for passing on the spirit after I dedicated she lives you yeah yeah yeah to my grandson baby Jeremiah cuz he sings it all the time yeah yeah yeah over and over and me Jeanine and gang played and sang it together and it was fabulous. And I remembered my mom in 1964 and how we sang yeah yeah yeah over and over after that Ed Sullivan show that forever altered our lives ! No matter where I go or what I do their music forever remains closest to my heart... But it sure wonderful to check out other cool music and dancing the night away to great classic rock with full throttle is awesome too! Their rendition if the who's baba O'Reilly never ceases to blow my mind! I'm recovering today!







No comments:

Post a Comment