Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Adventures and Music Martin Luther King Day Style

the world is MINE, all MINE! we were the only ones at Seven Hills Park this Day!
So even though I was super exhausted after running uphill and all around San Francisco, I still managed to wake up the next morning, which was a holiday because of Martin Luther King Day (yay) to Dave Fitchner's Monday morning ukulele jam in Portola Valley. I can rarely make this because I work during the week days. I was a little late because I wanted to let the "pink haired chick" I met at water aerobics at 24-Hour Fitness know where Dave's jam was and to get her contact information. I left in such a hurry the Friday before that I didn't get a chance to get her email address, name or phone number. I just know her as the pink haired writer's chick in aqua aerobics!

anyway, she had just left but the dude at the front desk gave her name and cell phone number which was fabulous -- because she had left it for him. I made contact and got to the jam a little late -- but not too late. It was a relatively small crowd compared to what I've seen in the past (like a year ago when we celebrated the two-year anniversary of the Ukulele Club of Silicon Valley when the place was crammed with people and bursting at the seams). My friend June was there, so we stood together...I love singing with her because she sings harmony and we always have fun singing together.

This was the gang that showed up at Dave F.'s house a year ago (2012)...The Ukulele Club of Silicon Valley!!
I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!
Afterwards, some of us went over to the Alpine Inn for a bit more playing...because it was a beautiful day. Then I headed over to Poorhouse Bistro early to meet with my fabulous uke chick friends, June (once again!) and Diane! The three of us hung out and practiced a bunch of music together and then we played and sang four songs. we really ROCKED!!! We did Ticket to Ride, Crawdad Song, Bye Bye Love and ended with Down by the Riverside in honor of Martin Luther King! We had also sung that in the morning.




Here we are singing and playing "Down by the Riverside" with Fenny on harp!

Check this out...(click here) Here we are singing and playing, the Crawdad Song!!!

(of course we did this on the fly!!!)  But we do rock!

I'd say it was a good Martin Luther King Day which did not end tonight...


Me with Baby Jeremiah and Denise who took us all out to breakfast at the Black Bear Cafe in Milpitas!!
Of course I was absolutely exhausted from my very crazy weekend, so it was necessary to take yet one more day off to "recover" from all the festivities, sore fingers, sore legs from running, you know the deal. So I hung with Baby Jeremiah and Mama Jen and her friends Denise and her sis...and we all went out to breakfast...so cool to have Baby Jeremiah sitting right next to me as we ate...!! hehee!

Then we went off on our own adventure, me and Baby J...for a while...
Baby J was very excited to walk Sydney the Dog!! WALKIN' THE DOG

and if you don't know how to do it, I'll show you how walk the dog!
Baby you can drive my car, yes I'm gonna be a star! :)
We had a marvelous adventure, being the only ones at Seven Hills Park and I thought that it would be a lovely place for a ukulele jam!!! of course...
PERFECT PLACE FOR A UKULELE JAM!!!!!
Tami Mulcahy...! opened Jan. 22, 2012's show at the Mud Puddle




Then "Big Wide Room" performed -- three fabulous guys playing and singing all their original songs... 


The fabulous long weekend ended in Niles yet again...at the Mud Puddle Cafe with Michael McNevin and crew...Tami Mulcahy opened and then BIG WIDE ROOM -- three high-energy guys...all original music...LOVED IT!!! we had a full-house plus one dog (Clancy). I feel as if I'm sort of becoming a "regular" at the Mud Puddle these days!

Afterwards, it was an honor to play with THE HORRIBLES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment