Friday, January 31, 2014

Blue House at Dana Street Roasting Coffee Shop!

Tonight I'm going to Dana St. Roasting Coffee Shop to see Blue House! I love these guys. I discovered them a few years ago at Dana St. Roasting Coffee shop which has been my "magical" go to place for so many years... I always referred to Dana St. Roasting as my "favorite coffee shop" -- a home away from home...my "hangout" place tucked away in downtown Mountain View right across the streets from the bookstores that stay open late and lots of restaurants on the main drag...they roast their own coffee there too and the aroma of freshly roasted coffee always greets you when you walk in. where I met so many awesome, interesting people...and discovered some fabulous music. Blue House was always my fave! Then in 2010 I saw a sign that said "Ukulele Jam Second Monday" when I was just learning to play the ukulele...having NO idea until I arrived that over 75 people would cram into my "favorite coffee shop" with ukuleles for a sing-along jam month after month...even now and that discovering this would literally change my life! 
Blue House at Dana St. Roasting!!! Amy, Marleis and Brian
As far as I'm concerned this is where magic happens, and it's like coming full circle to go back and hear Blue House again. keep live music alive! So there I was sitting there st Dana st roasting with four guys. Who says you're alone when you're single? Not me. I have the best guy friends ever!

First Thomas the fiddler showed up. He's been a fan of blue house even longer than I have. Thomas truly is an amazing fiddler and now a good friend. In my opinion once I look forward to seeing a person yes they are a good friend. Mitch was already hanging with us. He's my next door neighbor. I knew Mitch from another life. He's cool and a very good neighbor. Guess that puts him in good friend status too. Blue house played their beautiful music from originals to the doors even a cure song. Amy and Marilee's have played together since the 70s. Dave and John showed up yay. I met them at the sports page in mountain View where we a sang Beatles songs with no fly list. I hadn't seen Dave in ages since he went and got himself a girlfriend and even moved I. With her. John is now a uke playing fanatic and they were nothing Riley having been to Molly mates right around the corner. John kept shouting that he was tipsy. Luckily his voice faxed into blue house music. I felt fortunate to hang at Dana st roasting with some of my favorite people. And it wasn't even a uke night! And the music was beyond awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment