Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Floyd and Claire Adventure!

Floyd, Caroline, Claire and me
Yesterday I drove to Berkeley to spend the afternoon and evening with my wonderful friends Floyd and Claire, as well as Geoff and Caroline and the awesome people from the "Expressions Gallery." Floyd was the star reader of the day for this lovely little event...and of course he amazed us with his fabulous poetry and has recently just published a book for Kindle! I'm like, oh my gosh, 
Floyd reads his poetry

Claire reads her poetry

I have to get a Kindle because now both Floyd and Claire have awesome books on there..and for once, *I* needed to get with the times! anyway, it was really wonderful -- but I was surprised and completely unprepared when asked to sign up for the "open mic" readings of our writings. I hadn't printed anything out nor did I have any idea we'd get a chance to read...everyone had read such lovely poetry, including Floyd and Claire and Caroline... and here I was with only an iPhone and access to my blog site! So I pulled up a random piece and started to read fast since it was prose and not poetry...but Floyd said, "Slow down" so I did...it happened to be about playing ukuleles at Battery Crosby and a memory of the Beatles! not surprising...Beatles music has enveloped and surrounded me all weekend...so why should this random thing be any different? Or that we were told after I read that there was an amazing Beatles exhibit at their gallery along with a Beatles Yellow submarine Night!  Then we all went over to Floyd & Claire's for libations, sharing stories and great fun. 


Yes, I missed a ukulele jam at the Actual Cafe in Oakland (sorry John!)...but my writer friends already think that ukuleles have taken over my life to great proportions and I don't get to see Floyd and Claire that much anymore it seems. It was a wonderful evening!!! thank you Floyd, Claire, Geoff, Caroline and the lovely ladies from Expressions -- you are all fabulous and inspirational...I even got my ukulele and played a few songs and we all sang! Caroline would've played if she had a piano. she's very good...Even Floyd sang! he especially loved Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! we all sang that! Claire requested Rocky Raccoon and Eleanor Rigby! Luckily we're all going back over in a couple of weeks to celebrate Floyd's 83rd b-day! YAAAYYY!!!  good times! — in Berkeley, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment