Saturday, January 18, 2014

The New Neighborhood!

So tonight I walked the dog through my new neighborhood (the "Manufactured Home Community" -- note the proper terminology)...this time as I walked being aware of the twists and turns...I love my neighborhood. It's well lived in -- filled with life. During the day, kids play out in the street, and even at night, I see people outside, walking or riding bikes by...and each home is unique, different, with its own personality reflecting who lives there. I saw more Christmas lights glittering away. some people don't want to let go of the magic of Christmas. The neighborhood is tucked away in an obscure location, its own little world that you might not know about unless you lived there...so far away yet so close. 

As I continued walking, I looked at the pedometer on my phone and wondered if I wanted to make it all the way to 10,000 steps. it had been a long day...but just 2,000 more steps to go...suddenly, out of the blue, the Beatles song, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" began to randomly play on my phone which was tucked in my pocket...what the heck? I didn't tell my phone to play music, and there it was! come to find out my pedometer app (Pacer) has a setting to find "Power songs" while you're walking! who knew? I didn't! How does the app know what to play? So I kept walking -- faster now, as the songs kept playing, all Beatles songs...I suspect cuz perhaps the app chose songs I listen to most and baby J always wants me to play those good old Beatles songs... Can't Buy Me Love, She Loves You, Eight Days A Week...Hard Day's Night! Now I'm walking down the street singing along...past a group of people standing in front of their home...they waved and laughed, and so did I...for some reason it reminded me of my transistor radio days when I was a kid...always running around San Francisco with my AM transistor radio listening to KFRC San Francisco...  when it was said and done, I had almost 11,000 steps, ohhh yeah! tomorrow morn I'm getting up early to drive all the way to Sebestapol to see my sister Jennifer and Pascale...and my tablet awaits!!  g'nite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment